This Notice explains how Metavision Limited (“Metavision”, “us” or “we”) collects and uses your personal data when you use our website. This notice should be read together with our Cookies Statement.
We keep our Privacy and Cookies Notice under regular review. This version was last updated on the date stated below. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Our responsibility as a data controller
We are the controller of personal data collected while you access the Website, with other sites we may provide from time to time (including any interactions with us on our social media pages or in game platform where applicable).
If you have any questions about this Privacy and Cookies Notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights as a data subject, please contact us using the details set out below.
Our contact details
- Full name of legal entity: Metavision Limited
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: Metavision Limited, ITV White City, 201 Wood Lane, London, United Kingdom, W12 7RU
- Our Company Number: 13412337
- Our ICO registration Number: ZB405085
What this notice doesn’t cover
This Privacy and Cookies Notice does not cover companies, services or applications that we don’t own or control, or people that we don’t employ or manage. The websites may include links to third-party websites (including social media platforms), plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites or how they handle your personal information on those websites. When you leave our websites or choose to login to certain parts of our websites using third party accounts, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of those websites you visit and the third party accounts you use.
The next sections of this Privacy and Cookies Notice relate to our privacy practices.
What personal data we collect
When you use our website, we collect certain technical information that is sent by your browser to our website (stored as log files). This includes information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, language, time zone setting, access times and any referring website addresses.
If you decide to use our contact form, we may also collect personal data you provide to us such as your name and email address and the contents of that correspondence.
If you take part in any of our playtesting scenarios we :
- will collect your name, email address and alias name within any applicable platform that you are using;
- may also capture images and record in writing while the playtesting is in progress. This may include your alias name with the captured images and records.
How we use personal data we collect and the legal bases we rely on
Depending on the situation, we may use the personal data we collect from you through the site in the following ways:
- to ensure that the website is presented to you in an effective manner; and
- to provide you with information that you have requested from us; and
We process your personal data because it is in our legitimate interests to maintain and promote our services and properly administer our business, for example, when you contact us and submit a query.
In a playtesting scenario we will use the personal data to provide you with any gift vouchers for your assistance in completing the playtesting.
Information which we capture while the game is in progress is used to help us understand how scenarios could develop and identify problems, detect and fix bugs, understand how long a scenario could take. After the playtesting scenarios, any alias names which may be captured during playtesting will be removed or blurred before they are used for these purposes.
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal data with third parties including:
- Government and regulatory authorities, for example to respond to a legal request or comply with a legal obligation;
- Suppliers of IT services (such as those needed to operate this website);
- Other group companies which means our subsidiaries, or ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries;
- In the event that we sell, buy or merge any business or assets, including to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and their respective professional advisers.
- For the provision of any vouchers for the purposes of the playtesting the provider of the voucher will have access to your email address and name.
Third parties based outside the UK and/or EEA
As mentioned above, we occasionally use trusty third parties to help us deliver our Websites and related services and we want to reassure you that these third parties are only allowed to access the information they need to do their job. They’re not allowed to use it for any other purpose. Some of these third parties are located, or have servers that are located, outside the UK and/or the European Economic Area (EEA). Where we share your information with such third parties, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Notice. However, we are aware that some countries do not offer an equivalent level of protection to personal information as in the UK the EEA. In these cases, we will only transfer your personal information outside of the UK or the EEA if:
- the European Commission and/or UK government have determined that an adequate level of protection for personal information is in place in the country to which we transfer your data;
- Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) as adopted by the EU or an International Data Transfer Agreement (IDTA) or SCCs Addendum as adopted by the UK government are in place governing the transfer (you can view the standard clauses here); or
- other appropriate safeguards have been put in place.
The next section of this Privacy and Cookies Notice relates to cookies and we use them.
Under applicable data privacy laws you may in certain circumstances have the right to:
- Be informed of the personal data we collect and process about you and how we do that (this noticed does this)
- Where we have asked for your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time;
- Request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you;
- Object to the processing of your personal data;
- Request that we delete or erase your personal data;
- Request that we restrict and/or stop our processing (temporarily or permanently);
- Request us to move a copy of your personal information to another provider or give you copy in a machine readable format (“data portability”)
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated means, where these decisions have a legal or similarly significant impact on you; and
- lodge a complaint.
To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, please submit your written request to us at Metavision Limited, ITV White City, 201 Wood Lane, London, W12 7RU. You are also entitled to raise your concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office, please visit the ICO website www.ico.org.uk, however we hope you will let us try to put things right for you first. We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to modify or amend this notice at any time and will always post the revised notice on our website.
Last updated: November 2022